1. What do you write, and how did you come up with this name?
Disek (dissected in french), when I thought about this word, I saw a dirty scene with blood spurt, like a splash of paint. It goes with the idea of trashing the place… (from then I’ve changed my mind, not my name).
2. Are you from any crews?
3. How long have you been writing?
I started in 1997 and I had a break from 2006 to 2013.
4. What country are you from?
5. Do you remember how you got started?
When I came to Paris, just tags to scream “I exist”. Maybe to be someone in a big city where everyone is no one. The first piece came a few years later.
6. What makes you keep going?
I tried to live without this shit, it didn’t work… I needed it, to create: from nothing to something.
7. Describe your style in one word.
8. Pieces, Throw Ups or Tags?
It depends on the moment: pieces to escape my mind, tags to have a laugh and throwups when I’m lazy.
9. Kim Kardashian, Miley Cyrus or Rihanna?
Fuck star system. They put shit in the kids’ minds!
10. What are you trying to gain from doing Graffiti?
I don’t know if it’s a drug or a therapy, but when I paint I forget all the problems, time is suspended, my brain is empty… Just paint, nothing else exists.
11. Are you in it for the fame?
Maybe I was interested at the beginning, but now, I know who I am and I don’t care about fame.
Of course, it’s nice when a guy tells you “I like your work” but it’s not the main part.
I do graffiti because I feel good when I do it… if I was alone on a desert island, I’d carry on doing it.
12. Do you consider Graffiti – Art or Vandalism?
For me graffiti is illegal, when it’s not, it’s just painting.. but I love both. You don’t do something because it’s a “real” thing, you do it because you like it!
Graffiti is not really Art, not really Vandalism, it’s more a way of life…
13. Who is your favorite writer of all time?
Too many influences and different styles… hard to choose.
14. Favorite crew of all time?
Stick Up Kids because they are really complete in all categories.
15. Who comes first, hoes or bros?
16. Tell us a crazy story.
Graffiti can’t be told, it must be experienced!
17. Favorite paint brand?
I do with what I can find. I’m a traveler and in some countries, one is happy when he finds some spray even if it’s shit, it’s a good exercise because you have to go back to basics.
18. What country would you like to paint in that you haven’t already and why?
I’d like to paint in so many… I love painting in countries where graffiti doesn’t really exist because it’s a good way to meet locals in the street, you leave something of you, like a present.
The relation is different, it’s easy to share even if you don’t speak the same language, you are more than just a tourist, you become part of the local community.
19. What is your favorite part of being a Graffiti writer?
In the street, when you spray the wall: nothing else matters.
20. What do you hate about Graff?
Close minded and oversized ego guys. It’s just some colors on walls, you don’t solve the world’s hunger.
21. Any advice for new writers?
Stay humble, don’t be too serious: it’s just a game! Do simple letters, don’t complicate too much at the beginning, take your time to learn the basics and then you can play with your letters.
You have to take the stairs… one step at a time!
22. Any last words or shout outs?
Just enjoy as much as you can… life is too short to waste your time with trivial stuff.
Thumbs up to Lila, Encs, Disco, Erza, Kaste, Atom, Srone, Yelow, Komo, Aigre, Eskis team, BNA,TFK, Chips and all the cool guys I’ve met on my trips!
Cheers for the interview !